Sunday, July 17, 2011

The end is only the beginning

The final week of training definitely flew by as we were all feeling emotions roller coaster their way through our veins. Kula brothers and sisters were going to be leaving, one announced her pregnancy to the group (hurray!) and some of us were unsure what we were going to do with this training once it finished.

Our second last day (Saturday the 9th) was one of the most freeing practices I have ever had to date and it was like dancing through our asanas. It was also the most emotional of all days as we ended Jerry and Sarah shared some beautiful music at the end of the day, bringing us to tears. Music, mantras, Kirtin yoga can have such a profound effect on the inner body and you become more balanced and aware of your surrounding. The last day was a fun filled three hour practice followed by our graduation ceremony, photos and 10 of us watching the sunset at South Bay.

So the real yoga is beginning now, as we step back into our "old lives" before teacher training. One thing that I am happy to say is that I have been sticking with my old routine of daily practice and now I can offer help in class when we do partner work with more confidence, knowing that whoever I am helping will be safe. On the everyday yoga, I am becoming more aware to my emotions as they arise without letting them take over and staying in the vibration "spanda" of life.

Today I had the pleasure of practicing for the first time with Ciaran and with Teacher Lawrence. I was also pleasantly surprised to see my friend Pea join the studio and take her fourth yoga class. It was such a fun class that I was on (and still am) a high and buzz! I was partnered up with a student today that gave me a taste of what it's really like to teacher yoga to non-yoga-teacher-trainee students. Challenging!!! But also a great way to learn how to refine my own teaching language at the same time. She got up into a forearm balance (even if her legs were draped over my shoulders and her head, shoulders, arms were all splaying out below her)... I just brought her down and focused on the foundation... always go back to the foundation.

I am back to work now but hopefully I will be able to share my knowledge with sports teams and athletes who want to learn how to align their body, muscles and energy to attain their full potential. On the other hand, I am going to take my next training for children's yoga. Children are a reminder that we are all born yogis and in our asana, we can have vibrant bodies, sharp minds and soft hearts and have fun! I am back to work and so happy to be with my little students again as they bring me light everyday that I am with them and I am so humbled to be able to share knowledge with them and watch them succeed and grow, mentally and physically.

Today's lesson from class: Upeksha to have an elevated view, to be able to see what we need more or less of without becoming too attached to it. I needed more organic energy today in my poses and when I did, I opened to the full expressions of my poses.

Thank you to everyone who has been a supporter along the way of my journey on this path and for following the blog! I will keep updating weekly, sharing what I've been learning and what I have learned. I hope you will keep reading and leave me any questions or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment