Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day One, an entry had to be done!

Going to school on the first day is always a little nerve wrecking. When you don't have your mommy to help pack your lunches, snacks, clothes, books and water bottle, it can be extra over whelming.

Lucky for me, my mom trained me well to organize myself. Unluckily, that initial anxiousness of "are my yoga pants on right? Did I read the right books? Will my classmates like me?" can never be fully avoided.

From 7-9 there were about 80 sisters and brothers practicing yoga together and it was such a great energy over looking the HK Island skyline and a bright rainbow outside our window. This can be summarized into my favourite lesson learned today, Auspiciousness- a synchronicity of a series of things all happening at once, in harmony.
After an hour break in the morning session, 32 of us trainee teachers grouped back together to learn, my second favourite thing today. In the practice of Anusara Yoga, we form a Kula "a family within the community. we all have the same underlying understanding of why we are practicing" I'll never tell what this is, you'll have to take a class or two to find out. Better yet, DO IT! I am a member at Pure Yoga Hong Kong which currently has one of the world's most experienced Anusra Yoga Teachers and other yoga teachers that are all equally knowledgeable in different studies of yoga, compassionate and friendly! So you don't have to be afraid, just step onto a mat and give it a go!

The physical practice today and I'm sure for the week was very basic but so necessary to learn the right alignment in the body and how to teach those alignments in our future classes. The smallest of progress is a step towards freedom and today my progress was that I held my handstand on my own for a few seconds and it was a moment of complete clarity and calmness inside. I wasn't thinking, "Am I doing this right?" I was just doing it in the SAT (the reality and the now in Sanskrit)

My intention was questioned today during the morning session with the trainee group and in this training, I hope that I will be able to bring families in Hong Kong together through the practice of Yoga, having fun and creating a more harmonious family environment. I have found a lot of children here, to be over stimulated and don't spend enough time with their parents. On the other hand, I know some very involved parents who would love to do more things with their children instead of just dropping them off.

Thanks for all the support from my beautiful friends and family around the world and my immediate friends and the two important men in my life in Hong Kong, my Dad and my supportive and unconditionally-loving Ciaran. I've just had a delicious pesto-tofu, salad and brown rice dinner made by my lovely flatmate Sharron. I've packed my lunch for tomorrow and my clothes. I need to study and then sleep like a hibernating bear...zZzZ

No comments:

Post a Comment